The Electron 3G Kit is a tiny development kit for creating 3G cellular-connected electronics projects and products. It comes with a Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud. The Device Cloud is a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet.
Access to the Device Cloud includes:
- 3MB of cellular data per device/mo (additional data $0.40/MB for most countries)
- First 3 months of Device Cloud FREE ($2.99 per device/mo after)
- Device Cloud Features:
- Device Management
- Over the Air Firmware Updates
- Fully Managed Connectivity
- Developer Tools
- Particle Electron PCB
- Particle SIM Card
- Li-Po battery
- Taoglas Cellular Antenna
- USB cable
- Pinout reference card
- Components for a sample product
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: u-blox SARA U-series (3G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
- North America
- South America
- New Zealand
*The Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. We offer two types of Electron 3G Kits—one for Americas/Australia/New Zealand (850/1900 MHz) and one for Europe/Asia/Africa (900/1800 MHz). Please be sure to check the full list of compatible countries for the location in which your product will be deployed.
Are you ready to start prototyping with the newest hardware from Particle? Learn more about our next generation developer kits here.